Saturday, April 14, 2012

Miss M's felt animals

Hello all, I'm Miss M, a guest blogger on Bernadette's blog.
I'm going to talk to you today about how I got interested in making felt animals.
First I just made really small simple things, like ornaments as gifts. Usually for a mothers day present because I'd forgotten to buy something.
I made my Dad worry dolls in different shapes. One year I made my mum different cupcakes!!

One day mum brought  home this book from the library. This is when my felt adventure began. It is all about making cute, little felt animals. They looked very easy to make, so I attempted to make one. I think it turned out pretty good.

After that I got very into sewing, so I started to make more and more. 

I'd make more and more of these little animals because I wanted to see what they would look like wearing different coloured clothes. I would give them to my brothers, sisters and even aunty's. After a while they even started paying for them. I found this very exciting!!

I even made a mobile for my nieces bassinet. It had five little soft felt animals on it. After one of my Aunty's saw it, she paid me to make her one.

From patterns, I would take part of it and turn it into something else, like I did with this mushroom. I used the body of a panda and just added red to the top of it.

My oldest brother loves the Simpsons so for one Christmas I made him a USB pouch with the top of Marge's head on it. My family thought it was pretty impressive.
I've used felt animals for many gifts and it has saved me from buying lots of presents. I find it really fun and it is something good that you should give it a go. 


Miss M.

1 comment:

  1. I love Miss M's felt animals. They are so cute! The mobile especially is a great idea. What a great way to have the animals on display. Maybe an idea for if you make more mobiles would be to have a theme, such as jungle animals or water animals. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...